Studies could result in post office locations closing | Business
The U.S. Postal Service announced today that it will be taking the next step in right-sizing its expansive retail network by conducting studies of approximately 3,700 retail offices to determine customer needs. As part of this effort, the Postal Service also introduced a retail-replacement option for affected communities around the nation.
“The Postal Service of the future will be smaller, leaner and more competitive and it will continue to drive commerce, serve communities and deliver value,” Donahoe added.
Here are the locations throughout Virginia that are being considered: http://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/expandedaccess/states/virginia.htm
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Group calls for investigation into Richmond Commonwealth Attorney's Office
- Richmond mom accused of starving to death son goes on trial
- Parking could soon get pricier in Richmond
- Richmond protestors rally against allowing openly gay Boy Scouts
- 12 ON YOUR SIDE: Richmond company reaches out to assist disabled man