City employee claims he was fired for exposing waste | News
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)- A City employee claims he was fired for blowing the whistle on waste and mismanagement at City Hall.
He says a program meant to save taxpayer money, instead was fraught with problems and could cost the City even more money.
Now Council members are calling for an audit of the program and want financial documents reviewed for the Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) program.
The employee says he was fired by the City for trying to point out the problems with the implementation of ERP. Councilman Bruce Tyler told NBC12 "The allegations are serious and we need to get to the truth."
Coming up tonight at 11- you'll hear from the man who says he can blow the whistle on mismanagement at City Hall.
Copyright 2012 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.
Top Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand jury finds officer justified in Chesterfield shooting death
- Vandals set fire to mailboxes at Bon Air apartment complex
- Police investigating an early morning shooting in South Richmond
- 12 INVESTIGATES: Sex offender coached Central Va. youth basketball
- Richmond Police searching for person of interest in sunglasses thefts